As proposed earlier in the 0.4.0 preview, we now have a final release of phpArmory 0.4.0 available. phpArmory 0.4.0 – “Jack-o’-Lantern” (named after the event Hallow’s End ) is out and features the big switch to PHP5. PHP4 legacy support has been dropped, and the API received a /love and /hug.
0.4.0 – “Jack-o’-Lantern” – Nov 20, 2008
phpArmory has been rewritten for PHP5 and the new OOP class syntax. The class
interfaces have been changed to use getFunction() and setFunction() syntax, and
class variables have been adjusted to use private, protected, and public states.
Please consult the
doc/ folder for updated API documentation.
NOTE: arena team handling has been postponed to release 0.5.0, as with the recent release of Wrath of the Lich King, all arena teams have been wiped and no sample data was available to develop the feature.
- all functions have received input checking, now all functions will properly return FALSE when something goes wrong.
- phpArmory5 and phpArmory5Cache will now make use of
trigger_errorprovided by PHP5 to raise notices (E_USER_NOTICE), warnings (E_USER_WARNING), and errors (E_USER_ERROR). Please note that warnings and notices will only be raised when you use phpArmory from the command line. If you use it on your web server, only errors will be raised.
- you can now use getArea / setArea to make changes to the armory area.
- you can now use getLocale / setLocale to set the language in which you want to query data from the armory.
- you can retrieve talent definitions for all classes, including the recently added Death Knight using getTalentData().
- the phpArmory class API has been changed. All functions now use
set…for their names.
- character icons will now be properly display for characters up to level 80. We have shiny WotLK character icons.
Enjoy the 0.4.0 release, and either grab phparmory-0.4.0.zip or phparmory-0.4.0.tar.gz.
Please note that all PHP files are formatted with Unix line endings, as I am mostly a Linux / Mac geek.
Feel free to leave a comment if you should end up having trouble with the classes.